The Art Department's primary mission is teaching excellence and program quality. Because of our unique situation being part of the College of Environmental Design, we are dedicated to challenging students with an awareness of the environmental, social, and ethical issues facing all of us in today's society. We are committed to teaching students about these issues through various projects and topic studios. Furthermore the educators of the Art Department are committed to:
- Building a foundation of creativity to support self-expression and individual intellectual development while meeting career goals and curriculum structure for a competitive student body.
- Creating an awareness of the cultural diversity reflected in the learning experience and the teaching pedagogy.
- Fostering a global awareness that includes environmental, social, and ethical issues.
- Promoting a sense of community beyond the immediate creative environment.
- Creating a broad base of knowledge to support conceptual and technological developments.
College of Environmental Design
Browse the departments and centers housed under the College:
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Art
- Department of Landscape Architecture
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning
- John T. Lyle Center for Regenerative Studies
- California Center for Land and Water Stewardship
The College also manages the operations of two permanent University Art Galleries, and maintains an Alumni Portal making connections for its graduates: