The department encourages students to look near and far in identifying directed investigations, focused research, travel itineraries and service opportunities. We support global thinking and visioning, but also recognize the truly unique opportunities of more local conditions. The committee supports both broad travel and more focused research that may not have extensive travel as an underlying theme.
Scholarships over $1,000
- DON BRINKERHOFF LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE SCHOLARSHIP - $10,000
This annual scholarship will be awarded to undergraduates who are self-starters, leaders, team players and multi- disciplined in focus.
- DANGERMOND TRAVELING SCHOLARSHIP - Three (3) $5,000 awards
Funds to be used for international travel to study significant works of landscape architecture or related developments.
- RUTH SHELLHORN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP - One (1) $5,000 award or two (2) $2500 awards or in any other amount determined by the Scholarship Committee
This scholarship is awarded to one or more women students who are in the senior year of the bachelor’s program or completing their master's culminating experience (project or thesis) who have shown dedication to landscape architecture and an appreciation for plant material as an integral part of design.
- CLASS FUND SCHOLARSHIP - Two (2) $2,000 awards
This scholarship is provided to fund landscape architecture students with financial need, strong leadership qualities and the potential to expand the discipline of landscape architecture.
- GRISOL LUPITA RAMIREZ MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP - One (1) $2,000 award
This scholarship is for a first-generation third-year BSLA student with financial need, who demonstrates determined improvement throughout their first three years in college, and is consistenty striving to build a better future for their family.
- CHAPMAN FORESTRY FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS - Fifteen (15) awards, a maximum of $1,000 each
This scholarship supports undergraduate landscape architecture students from Cal Poly Pomona and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo who are participating in the Cal Poly Pomona Landscape Architecture Italy Study Abroad Program in Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy.
- ONA SCHOLARS SCHOLARSHIP - One (1) $1,500 award
This scholarship is provided to fund landscape architecture students with a specific interest in community service.
- TAKEO UESUGI SCHOLARS SCHOLARSHIP - One (1) $1,000 award
This scholarship is provided to fund first or second year undergraduate landscape architecture students.
- LIFESCAPES INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP - Two (2) $1,000 awards
This scholarship is provided to fund landscape architecture students with financial needs.
Scholarships less than $1,000
- HOWARD O. BOLTZ MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP - One (1) $500 award
This scholarship is provided to fund a student of aandscape architecture with an expressed and undeniable interest in expanding a personal vision of Landscape Architecture, a distinguished academic record, and a demonstrated interest in landscape architectural education.
- EDAW SCHOLARSHIP in HONOR of FRANCIS DEAN - One (1) $500 award
This scholarship is awarded to a landscape architecture student with a distinguished academic record and a special interest in landscape design in California.