FIRM WEEK 2021 is specifically designed to connect private companies, nonprofit and multidisciplinary organizations, and public agencies with staffing needs with talented students from the Departments of Architecture and Landscape Architecture. Programming will be fully virtual; no events will be held in-person or on campus.
The 2021 program will be a series of small events designed to help engage and connect, with many opportunities to review portfolios, provide mentorship and set up interviews.
From Feb. 1-5 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m. PST), all participating firms, agencies, organizations and students will be provided access to a private virtual environment. In this environment, firms and students will have designated areas to show their works and provide information on their firm or themselves. Firm Week 2021 is also open to any product manufacturer or vendor of products that are specified by architects and landscape architects.
Upon registration, firms/agencies/vendors will be provided specific directions and links to upload descriptions, images and links for the virtual environment. CPP students will coordinate and organize all content within the virtual environment for participating companies.
For more information on Firm Week please email:
- Cal Poly Pomona Architecture: Marc Schulitz, email@example.com
- Cal Poly Pomona Landscape Architecture: Andy Wilcox, firstname.lastname@example.org
All revenue associated with this event directly supports the event; this is not a fundraiser. All participants, including students and faculty, are provided lunch and refreshments thanks to the support of participating firms. Any profit from the event is directly returned to the departments to support ongoing department activities. Your support is appreciated!
Any chance for in-person interaction?
No. The entire event will be virtual.
Where is the event located in the virtual world?
You will be sent links to access the virtual environment prior to the event.
Can I pay by check?
No. Please use the Eventbrite link.
How many students can I expect to interview?
The event will be organized to allow you to connect with as many students as you would like.
How will my firm be represented?
Upon registration, you will be sent a specific event registration link and a description of how and what to upload. The upload will go to our student organizing team and they will create your space within our virtual environment.
Firm Week Itinerary - Optional Virtual Events
In addition to the virtual portfolio and interview space of Firm Week, a series of short events are planned for the week. We hope you will consider joining us- all participating firms/organizations are invited to attend- shareable links will be provided.
February 1: Getting to Work!
- 12- 1: What We are looking For- Supporting Firms and invited guests share their insights into what they are looking for from emerging professionals; a moderated discussion with the AIA and ASLA student chapter presidents
- 1-2: What We are looking for- Student Leaders share their insights into what they are looking for from established professionals and firms; a moderated discussion with the AIA and ASLA local chapter presidents
February 2: Pecha Kucha
- 12 noon: 10 Presenters x 20 slides x 15 seconds
- Get to know a couple firms and students in a fun, fast paced, presentation format- the Pecha Kucha!
February 3: Inside the Studio
- 12-1pm Inside the Studio with the 2020 Cooper Hewitt National Design Award for Landscape Architecture - OJB Landscape Architecture
February 4: Alternate Practices
- 12- 1: Panel Discussion on the topic of practice outside the private firms- participate in learning about career paths in the non-profit and public agency sectors.
February 5: Virtual Happy Hour
- 4-5: Firm Week Happy Hour and Special Recognitions