Jump to navigation Skip to content
The Department has two primary study abroad opportunities. We also support the multiple ancillary programs offered through the CSU. Our two department-focused programs are:
- Fall Term in Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy
- Summer Term in Beijing, China
Internationl travel is a priority for the department and the department offers a number of student scholarships to support such travel.
Landscape Architecture, Fall Term
Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy
- The longest running international program within the college and department; one of the oldest in the University celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2017- a unique opportunity for the college with approximately 600 alumni of the program across the 25 years.
- 12 immersive weeks in Italy at the Santa Chiara Study Center
- Numerous field trips to significant sites, exhibitions, landscapes and cities of Italy including a week each in Rome and Venice
- The program is culturally supported by the community of Castiglion Fiorentino and its citizens
- The program runs projects that are in direct service to the rural community
- Includes graduate and undergraduate programs, it also includes undergraduate students from San Luis Obispo and UC Davis making it an even more unique program through the collaboration amongst universities
CHINA+JAPAN ENV SUMMER PROGRAM | ENV Interdisciplinary Study Abroad Summer Program
CHINA+JAPAN ENV SUMMER PROGRAM 2018Beijing-Shanghai-TokyoApplication Deadline: Feb. 1, 2018 - Early Bird deadline to apply and receive Travel Award. Price increase after Feb. 1. SUMMER PROGRAM DATES: May 25- July 3
Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Regional PlanningInformation, application, travel grants at: https://calpolypomonachina.blogspot.com TRAVEL GRANTS (AVAILABLE TO EARLY APPLICANTS)
Travel awards will be guaranteed to the first 10 applicants from each department who submit a completed application + $500 program deposit. Learn details on the official program site,
China Program Video
Program video by John Nguyen ('19, BSLA)
The ENV China Program is interdisciplinary opportunity for students enrolled in ENV's architecture, landscape architecture, and urban and regional planning programs.
An intense travel-and-study experience, for five weeks students visit China and Japan, living and studying in Beijing, Shanghai and Tokyo. The group reside in North China University of Technology to work with Chinese faculty and students to immerse themselves in the contrasts and controversies of a rapidly changing country facing the challenge of balancing modernity and tradition. In Japan, students study the architecture of renowned architect Tadao Ando, experience Tokyo's extensive and advanced urban system, and see first-hand the nature and elegance of Japanese gardens.