Open Faculty Positions
The Department of Art’s curriculum focuses on the development of studio and academic endeavors, creative problem solving, aesthetic analysis, and development of art.
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), Visual Communication Design is a four-year sequence. Students cultivate the skills needed to address visual communication challenges, and gain an understanding of basic business practices such as the ability to organize projects and work productively as a team.
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Art History is also a four-year sequence. The discipline is concerned with the production, consumption, and experience of art, architecture, design, mass media and other artifacts that manifest themselves visually or tangibly.
Assitant Professor (Graphic Design)
The Department of Art in the College of Environmental Design at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites applications for one tenure-track position in the area of Graphic Design, at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin Fall 2018.
This tenure-track position provides instruction in Graphic Design for undergraduate courses within the Department of Art. The position requires teaching, advising, professional, and scholarly activities in graphic design or related areas. The new faculty member will also be involved in administrative tasks and service at the department, college, and university levels. Applicants with work that incorporates a global perspective and a commitment to diversity in higher education are particularly encouraged to apply.
- A terminal degree (M.F.A. or Ph.D.) in Visual Arts, Graphic Design or related fields from an accredited (recognized equivalent) university completed by June 30th, 2018.
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional design or related work experience.
- Teaching experience in design or related fields at the university level.
- Demonstration of ability to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, creative and scholarly activities, teaching, advising, and service.
- Effective teaching in graphic design courses from the foundation level (3D design, introductory drawing courses) to upper division elective courses (advanced 3D and technical illustration courses as well as studio art.
- An expert user and instructor of applicable software and digital technologies engaged with current trends and grounded in the concepts, principles and practices in the digital 3D environment.
- Knowledgeable in and able to supervise woodshop and 3D printing labs.
- An effective mentor and advisor of students.
- Excellent record of active participation in professional organizations.
Visit this page to learn about the application procedure.