Last yearâs âNoir L.A.â tour, with a busload full of ENV students and other urban adventurers and curiosity-seekers, provided a memorable night of unique experiences and insights about the nocturnal workings of a big city that most people take for granted because they happen during the middle of the night. This yearâs âNoir L.A.â tour features an all-new itinerary, including:
- A midnight visit to the studio of artist Jim Morphesis (whose work will be exhibited in a solo show in the Kellogg University Art Gallery starting on November 18).
- Meeting the owner of the Westbound bar, counter, and lounge room in the Arts District.
- Dropping in on the 24-hour Customer Call Center operated by the City of L.A. Department of Public Works.
- Demonstrations of motor sweeping of streets and sewer cleaning.
- Visit L.A. County Metroâs new Division 13 bus maintenance and operations facility to learn how Metro buses are readied for the next day of service.
- Walk through the Original L.A. Flower Market.
The bus will pick up passengers on the Cal Poly Pomona campus at 10:30 pm on Tuesday night, Nov. 7, and then will proceed to a second boarding location at the Mandarin Plaza shopping center in L.A. Chinatown, where secure parking will be provided for passengers who prefer to meet the bus in L.A. Snacks from Secret Lasagna will be offered before the bus departs Chinatown at 12 midnight and coffee will be provided on the bus. The bus will return to Mandarin Plaza by 5:30 am and then will aim to return to the Cal Poly Pomona campus by dawn (scheduled for 6:13 am, plenty of time before your first class).
The cost of the tour is $28.00 per person. To reserve your seat on the bus, visit https://noir-la-2017.eventbrite.com.
To view the night's tentative itinerary, click on the attachment below.
Throughout October and November, the College of Environmental Design is organizing the 2017 ENV Festival, a series of events to collectively demonstrate to the world the diversity of issues and enterprises that highlight the work and interests of students, faculty, staff and alumni.