Landscape Architecture Professional Advisory Board
The Landscape Architecture Professional Advisory Board is committed to assisting the Cal Poly Pomona Department of Landscape Architecture in being a Department of excellence, diversity, and innovation.
The LAPAB will strive to be a conduit for communications between the profession, alumni, students, and faculty; provide a forum for curriculum review and input; and continually work with the Department to provide an educational environment benefiting the professional community through teaching, research, and service.
The Landscape Architecture Professional Advisory Board will:
- Be in regular communication with the faculty, students, alumni, and state professional organizations.
- Promote internal and external recognition for the Department's programs and the profession of Landscape Architecture.
- Provide input concerning the profession's needs to the Department on a regular basis.
- Connect the program with its alumni and the local professional community.
- Provide mentoring assistance for students and alumni as needed.
- Assist with fundraising initiatives.
- Be involved in studio juries, critiques, and other student learning initiatives when interested.
It is the hope and goal of the Landscape Architecture Professional Advisory Board to continually raise the quality and status of Landscape Architecture at Cal Poly Pomona as well as its reputation in the professional and intellectual community.
The LAPAB is comprised of local landscape architecture professionals, including graduates of the undergraduate and masters programs. The LAPAB was founded in 2011.